Given recent events regarding the Coronavirus the Wrestlingworth Goodwill Fund has been discussing how best we can support elderly and vulnerable people in Wrestlingworth, Cockayne Hatley, Eyeworth and Tadlow.
We are proposing to offer a food delivery service for essential items to people in the villages for those who feel they are unable to get out to local shops.
This proposed service would be:
• For essential items only, think tinned goods, vegetables, rice, meat etc…
• For a weekly shop to be delivered to you Fri/Sat/Sun
• Cash or cheque only on delivery
• For a limited period during the Coronavirus outbreak
We would ask for shopping lists to be provided to us by Wednesday the latest every week and we will then attempt to source the items needed from local supermarkets which offer a click and collect service which are Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and ASDA. We would then deliver the items to you over the following weekend.
Some important points:
• This service will be reasonable endeavours by the Goodwill fund – we may not be able to get certain items and we would suggest giving us possible alternatives when you give us your shopping list to help us find things you need.
• It should not replace any current options you have for getting food and supplies – this is intended for people in the villages with limited options.
• We may cancel the service with a week’s notice at anytime
In order to gauge interest in this service please could you by Friday 20th March either:
• Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Return this letter with your name and address to 30a High Street, Wrestlingworth
If sufficient people in the villages indicate they would like this service then the Goodwill fund will let you know and send out shopping list forms etc.
The Wrestlingworth Goodwill Fund